Hiring a VinUni Undergraduate Research Assistant working on using AI for Predicting Antibiotic Resistance in Hospitalized Patients in Vietnam
VinUni-Illinois Smart Health Center
Looking for a VinUni Undergraduate Research Assistant to Work on Using AI for Predicting Antibiotic Resistance in Hospitalized Patients in Vietnam
The VinUni-Illinois Smart Health Center (VISHC) is looking for 01 motivated undergrad RA to work on a research project in “Using AI for Predicting Antibiotic Resistance in Hospitalized Patients in Vietnam”. Our study aims to investigate the potential of machine learning models to accurately predict antibiotic resistance of bacterial infections in hospitalized patients. This RA position is responsible for developing, implementing, and validating machine-learning models (e.g., L1 regularized logistic regression (LASSO), gradient-boosted decision trees, deep neural networks and other advanced machine-learning models) on retrieved medical records of patients who had positive bacterial results. The effects of different variables on the predictions will be also assessed and find the link between those factors with previously identified risk factors for antibiotic resistance. The development and implementation of such AI-based systems should be seriously considered by clinicians to aid in correct empiric therapy and to potentially reduce antibiotic misuse in, Vietnamese populations.
Selected candidates will work under the guidance of Faculty at VISHC (Dr. Hieu Pham, PhD and Prof. Andrew W. Taylor-Robinson, PhD) and UIUC (Prof. Helen Nguyen). These supervisors will provide detailed descriptions of work and support throughout the project. Specifically, you will:
- Conduct data collection, and perform data processing and analysis.
- Develop and validate data-driven approaches that could offer potential solutions for predicting antibiotic resistance in hospitalized patients in Vietnam.
- Write and publish papers in top-tier international conferences and journals.
- You are now a VInUni undergrad student
- Experience in data analysis and research methodology, including the ability to conduct detailed literature searches.
- Experience in Machine Learning. Solid coding skills, with programming experience in Python, C/C++.
- Ability to communicate your research and findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
How to Apply
Please submit your application that contains your CV and transcript to email@example.com and copy to Professor Helen Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org and Professor Andrew W. Taylor-Robinson at email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For any further information, please contact us by the above email address